National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- Thursday, April 28, 2016The NCAA Board of Governors adopted an anti-discrimination rule that would affect the way the body evaluates bids to host sporting events.
- Sunday, April 5, 2015Jason Collins says he is proud of the NCAA's "bold" leadership against Indiana's religious objections law, and the association should avoid putting future Final Fours in states that do not protect the rights of LGBT individuals.
- Thursday, March 26, 2015NCAA President Mark Emmert said Thursday that the governing body for college sports is concerned about an Indiana law that could allow businesses to discriminate against LGBT people.
- Sunday, November 16, 2014AMHERST, Mass. -- Derrick Gordon became the first openly gay Division I men's basketball player to compete in a collegiate game Friday night, starting at shooting guard and helping Massachusetts defeat Siena 95-87.
- Wednesday, April 9, 2014AMHERST, Mass. -- UMass guard Derrick Gordon has become the first openly gay player in Division I men's basketball.
- Monday, March 31, 2014ORANGE, Calif. -- Mitch Eby, a junior defensive end at Chapman University in Orange, Calif., has come out as gay, delivering a moving coming-out speech to his teammates on March 18 that sent them into applause.
- Wednesday, March 6, 2013The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has released a guide to assist administrators, coaches and students develop a more inclusive environment for LGBT college athletes.