Music & Musicians
Tom Jones was so “thrown off” after meeting his first gay person that he almost moved back to CardiffFriday, October 23, 2015"Homosexuals are normal," he says. "It’s not that they’re not normal. It’s just that they are what they are.”
- Monday, September 28, 2015"Get them some pink hoods and unicorns and let them rally down rodeo drive."
- Sunday, June 1, 2014NEW YORK — Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter and gay rights activist Melissa Etheridge has gotten married.People magazine says the 53-year-old Etheridge married partner Linda Wallem at the San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito, California, on Saturday.
- Thursday, May 29, 2014LONDON — George Michael's spokeswoman says the singer is "resting" after receiving hospital treatment for an undisclosed ailment.
- Sunday, May 18, 2014PARIS -- The head of Europe's leading human rights body is praising Conchita Wurst's Eurovision victory as a positive sign that freedom of expression is thriving, and that Europeans are "allowed to shock."
- Friday, May 16, 2014It's the beard that divided a continent. The victory of whiskered drag queen Conchita Wurst in the Eurovision Song Contest had celebrities from Nigella Lawson to Russell Brand posting bearded selfies on the Internet in tribute…
- Thursday, May 15, 2014MOSCOW -- Moscow authorities have turned down gay activists' application to hold a parade honoring drag queen Conchita Wurst, winner of this year's Eurovision song contest.
- Monday, May 12, 2014It was an eventful weekend: An openly gay football player kissed his boyfriend on national TV after being drafted by the NFL; same-sex marriage arrived in the Bible Belt; a bearded drag performer won one of…
- Sunday, May 11, 2014VIENNA -- Bearded drag queen Conchita Wurst made a triumphant return to Austria on Sunday after winning the Eurovision Song Contest in what the country's president called a victory for tolerance in Europe.
- Saturday, May 10, 2014COPENHAGEN, Denmark — Austrian bearded drag queen Conchita Wurst won the 59th edition of the Eurovision Song Contest Saturday with a James Bond-inspired power ballad.