The United States Armed Forces are the military forces of the United States of America. They consist of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard. [ Wikipedia → ]
- Wednesday, March 25, 2015Defense Secretary Ash Carter has gotten pushback from senior military leaders on whether the Pentagon should lift its ban on transgender people serving in the armed forces.
- Saturday, March 7, 2015A spokeswoman emphasized the directive was not a change in policy toward transgender service members, who are still barred from serving in the military.
- Thursday, March 5, 2015A military appeals court says references to Manning in all future filings, orders and decisions shall use either feminine pronouns or gender-neutral phrases.
Defense Secretary Ashton Carter: Transgender Americans should be allowed to serve openly in the militaryMonday, February 23, 2015U.S. Defense Secretary Ashton Carter said Sunday that transgender individuals should not be prevented from serving in the U.S. military solely based on their gender identity.
- Tuesday, February 17, 2015The decision to discharge transgender soldiers from the U.S. Army would be made by a top, senior civilian official under a plan outlined in a draft document obtained by USA Today.
- Tuesday, December 16, 2014Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel’s resignation under pressure is a setback to the effort to end the military exclusion of transgender service personnel.
- Thursday, December 11, 2014Air Force Lt. Joshua Seefried is facing possible court martial on charges of wrongful sexual contact, forcible sodomy, and abusive sexual contact.
- Wednesday, December 10, 2014U.S. Air Force Secretary Deborah Lee James says the ban on transgender troops is likely to be reassessed and should be lifted.
- Monday, December 8, 2014According to an anonymous survey released last week by the Pentagon, nearly 1 percent of males in the U.S. military said they had experienced unwanted sexual contact.
- Tuesday, December 2, 2014TRENTON, N.J. -- The U.S. Army has agreed to "fully recognize" the new legal names of two transgender military veterans, the American Civil Liberties Union said Tuesday. The group's New Jersey chapter announced that the Army…