Mayors for the Freedom to Marry
Wednesday, September 24, 2014COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Mayor Steve Benjamin of Columbia, S.C., has signed on to Mayors for the Freedom to Marry, becoming the 500th U.S. mayor to join the nationwide effort of municipal leaders advocating for marriage…
Wednesday, July 16, 2014WAVELAND, Miss. -- Waveland mayor David Garcia has announced his support for same-sex marriage, marking the first time a sitting mayor in the state of Mississippi has publicly supported marriage equality. Garcia has added his name…
Wednesday, May 21, 2014BISMARCK, N.D. -- The mayor of a small town in eastern North Dakota on Wednesday became the first mayor in the state to formally join a nationwide effort support gay marriage.
Thursday, April 25, 2013SALINA, Kan. — Six months after residents in Salina, Kan., voted to repeal anti-discrimination protections based on gender identity and sexual orientation, the city's new mayor has joined a national group of mayors who support same-sex
Tuesday, February 28, 2012HOUSTON — A high profile Houston pastor wants openly lesbian mayor Annise Parker to resign, or stop “promoting” the legalization of same-sex marriage. Parker is a co-chairperson of a bipartisan coalition of more than 80 U.S.…
Friday, January 20, 2012WASHINGTON -- "Freedom to Marry," a New York-based marriage equality advocacy organization, on Friday announced a bipartisan coalition of more than 80 mayors from across the U.S. who have publicly stated their support for marriage equality…
- Kentucky legislators want to create two marriage licenses -- one for straight couples, one for same-sex couples
- Kim Davis is obeying her orders, and issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples
- 'The Supreme Court declared itself God when legalizing gay marriage'
- NC lawmakers, magistrate want to defend gay marriage exemption
- Judge's order strikes down Nebraska ban on gay marriage