- Thursday, April 21, 2016Republican Sen. Greg Albritton's bill would require couples to file a form to record their marriages.
- Saturday, March 26, 2016The proposal is a response to Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis, who spent five days in jail last year for refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
- Wednesday, March 16, 2016The Alabama Senate voted to do away with state-issued marriage licenses after the U.S. Supreme Court ruling that effectively legalized same-sex marriage.
- Friday, February 19, 2016"It's almost disrespectful to the traditional family," one Republican said. "That's' why, wisely, we decided to have two forms. That has nothing to do with bigotry, nothing to do with discrimination."
- Wednesday, August 26, 2015Despite her religious beliefs, Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis absolutely must issue marriage licenses to gay coulpes
- Wednesday, July 8, 2015It would cost about $60,000 a day to call the legislature back in session, and Beshear said there was no need to do that for an issue the Supreme court has settled.
- Tuesday, July 7, 2015It's unclear what House Speaker Greg Stumbo wants the legislature to do. Stumbo says he is drafting legislation to help address the issues some of the state's county clerks are having, but did not say what…
Ky. clerk who objects to same‑sex marriage wants state to issue licenses online so he doesn’t have toMonday, July 6, 2015Casey County Clerk Casey Davis says same-sex marriage violates his religious beliefs. He stopped issuing marriage licenses following the U.S. Supreme Court ruling that legalized gay marriage.
- Friday, July 3, 2015Officials in Decatur County, Tenn., say all three employees in the clerk's office have resigned because of their opposition to the recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling that overturned bans on same-sex marriage.