Wednesday, November 5, 2014Massachusetts became the first state to elect an openly gay attorney general, while the gay candidate in Maine's gubernatorial race narrowly lost his chance to make history. Nationally, gay-rights activists worried that conservative gains in Congress…
Wednesday, November 5, 2014U.S. Rep. Mark Takano won reelection to a second term in California's 41st House district on Tuesday night. Takano, who was challenged by Republican Steve Adams, was first elected to the House in 2012, becoming the…
Wednesday, July 23, 2014WASHINGTON -- U.S. Rep. Mark Takano (D-Calif.) on Tuesday introduced the Social Security and Medicare Parity Act in the U.S. House, a bill to close loopholes in the Social Security Act and guarantee that all married…
Wednesday, April 16, 2014The International Olympic Committee on Tuesday came under increased pressure to prohibit anti-LGBT discrimination and ensure future host countries do not have discriminatory laws on their books.
Wednesday, November 21, 2012The Nov. 6 election resulted in four new lesbian, gay and bisexual candidates winning seats in the House of Representatives and all eyes are now on them to see what they’ll do on LGBT issues upon…
Wednesday, November 7, 2012RIVERSIDE, Calif. -- Openly gay Democrat Mark Takano beat his Republican opponent John Tavaglione by a double-digit margin in the race for California's U.S. House District 41, and will become the first LGBT person of color…
- At brutal stabbing trial, mother testifies her son isn't antigay
- California bill would open all single-stall restrooms to anyone
- This gay couple's hockey match kiss was captured on KissCam. Rousing cheers ensued.
- San Diego police officer fatally shoots gay man; his third shooting since 2013
- Gay San Francisco Supervisor outsmarts assailants, leads them straight to police