Monday, September 14, 2015Sanders noted in his speech at Liberty University that he believed in women's rights and gay marriage, drawing some cheers but mostly tepid applause.
Thursday, May 22, 2014LYNCHBURG, Va. — A Virginia transgender woman whose routine name change request was stalled by a Lynchburg, Va., judge who flagged it for “extra scrutiny,” has been granted her request and will not be subjected to…
Tuesday, May 20, 2014LYNCHBURG, Va. -- A Virginia transgender woman who was denied a name change by a Lynchburg, Va., circuit court judge earlier this year is due back in court on Friday for a second hearing on her…
Saturday, May 12, 2012WASHINGTON -- Mitt Romney reiterated his opposition marriage equality for same-sex couples again Saturday morning this morning while delivering commencement remarks at Liberty University, an anti-gay school that bans openly LGBT students from attending.
- Virginia panel OKs bill mandating school restroom use based on biological sex
- NC lawmakers, magistrate want to defend gay marriage exemption
- Judge's order strikes down Nebraska ban on gay marriage
- Georgia legislature advances anti-marriage 'Pastor Protection Act'
- Antigay marriage ad depicts woman about to be hung by a rainbow noose