Wednesday, March 5, 2014CHICAGO -- County clerks around Illinois say they won't start issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples immediately as Attorney General Lisa Madigan said this week they have the right to do.
Tuesday, March 4, 2014Chicago — Attorney General Lisa Madigan on Tuesday told an Illinois county clerk that he and others around the state have the right to immediately issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. Madigan issued the guidance in…
Friday, February 14, 2014NORFOLK, Va. — The day after a federal judge struck down Virginia's gay-marriage ban, state Attorney General Mark Herring wasn't vowing to appeal or insisting his state's law was sound.
Tuesday, August 6, 2013CHICAGO — A judge in Cook County, Ill., won’t decide until late September on whether to dismiss a lawsuit challenging the state’s same sex marriage ban.
Friday, June 22, 2012CHICAGO -- Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan and Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez on Thursday announced that they will not Illinois's 16-year-old ban on same-sex marriage.
- Virginia state Senate passes protections for same-sex marriage opponents
- Ellen praises Obama for his work on LGBTQ rights
- Georgia House OKs bill protecting clergy who refuse to perform same-sex weddings
- Kentucky legislators want to create two marriage licenses -- one for straight couples, one for same-sex couples
- Kim Davis is obeying her orders, and issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples