Wednesday, March 19, 2014DETROIT -- The first openly lesbian federal judge in the U.S. 6th Circuit was sworn in Tuesday by Chief Judge Gerald Rosen of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Saturday, March 15, 2014WASHINGTON -- The U.S. Senate this week voted to confirm Judith Levy as a U.S. District Court judge for the Eastern District of Michigan. Levy, 55, becomes the first openly lesbian federal judge in Michigan.
- Organizers of Michigan gay rights initiative suspend efforts
- Minn. governor names first openly gay justice to state supreme court
- Cher has donated 180,000 bottles of water to Flint, Michigan
- Michigan elections board approves formatting of LGBT rights petition
- Despite resistance, Michigan election board approves anti-discrimination petition form