Thursday, September 6, 2012CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- California State Assembly Speaker John A. Perez took to the podium Wednesday at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C., and praised President Barack Obama for repealing “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” and for…
Tuesday, July 5, 2011The California state Assembly on Tuesday approved landmark legislation that would require the teaching of LGBT history in public schools.
Monday, March 1, 2010In a historic day for the LGBT community, California‘s first openly gay Assembly speaker was sworn in to office in Sacramento early Monday afternoon. Democrat John A. Pérez, a first-term legislator representing parts of downtown L.A.…
Thursday, December 10, 2009Assemblyman John Pérez, an openly gay Latino Democrat from Los Angeles, made history Thursday when he was unanimously chosen by the California Assembly’s Democratic Caucus as the lower house’s leader, reports the San Francisco Chronicle. Pérez,…
Friday, December 4, 2009Democratic Assemblyman John Perez of Los Angeles is about to become the California’s first openly gay speaker of the Assembly. The position will make Perez the highest-ranking gay politician in California history. The speaker is generally…
- California bill would open all single-stall restrooms to anyone
- This gay couple's hockey match kiss was captured on KissCam. Rousing cheers ensued.
- San Diego police officer fatally shoots gay man; his third shooting since 2013
- Gay San Francisco Supervisor outsmarts assailants, leads them straight to police
- Caitlyn Jenner settles suit by woman injured in deadly crash