- Saturday, July 5, 2014DENVER -- Saying further delays are pointless, gay lawmakers Thursday called for Colorado's same-sex marriage ban to be declared unconstitutional and for such a ruling to be effective immediately. The lawmakers made the comments a day…
- Thursday, July 3, 2014DENVER -- Democratic Gov. John Hickenlooper and Republican Attorney General John Suthers asked a federal court Wednesday to issue an injunction declaring Colorado's same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional. But they want the court to delay implementation of…
- Tuesday, March 4, 2014DENVER -- Gov. John Hickenlooper has, for the first time publicly, announced his support for same-sex marriage.
- Thursday, February 27, 2014DENVER -- Colorado gay couples who are married in another state and in a civil union in Colorado can now file joint state tax returns.
- Thursday, March 21, 2013DENVER — A bill that would legalize civil unions for gay couples in Colorado was signed into law on Thursday, less than a year after the proposal was blocked in the House by Republicans who opposed
- Thursday, March 21, 2013DENVER — Civil unions for gay couples in Colorado will be signed into law Thursday, less than a year after the proposal was blocked in the House by Republicans who opposed it.
- Friday, January 11, 2013Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, in his third State of the State address, called for civil union legislation to be passed this year.
- Thursday, May 10, 2012DENVER -- The Governor of Colorado on Wednesday said he’ll call the state General Assembly to a special session to take up the unresolved issue of the Colorado Civil Union Act.
- Friday, January 13, 2012DENVER -- Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper on Thursday told lawmakers the time has come to allow same-sex couples to form civil unions here. Hickenlooper, addressing a joint session of the Colorado General Assembly, said in…