Wednesday, February 22, 2012The Obama campaign has tapped Human Rights Campaign President Joe Solmonese for a position as a national co-chair to advocate for the president based on his work for the LGBT community and the country as a…
Saturday, October 1, 2011President Barack Obama on Saturday evening delivered the keynote address a gathering of more than 3,000 LGBT rights advocates at the Human Rights Campaign's 15th Annual HRC National Dinner, and called for repeal of the Defense…
Friday, August 26, 2011Joe Solmonese, President of the Human Rights Campaign, the nation’s largest LGBT civil rights organization, will announce his departure next Tuesday, reports Pam Spaulding at Pam’s House Blend.
HRC: ‘Victory sends a message that marriage equality across the country will be a reality very soon’Friday, June 24, 2011Update: Gov. Andew Cuomo signs the marriage equality Act just hours after Senate’s passage. Story here. Update: Complete coverage on marriage equality vote here. Statement from the Human Rights Campaign: In a history making, bipartisan vote,…
Saturday, September 11, 2010The HRC pledged Friday to donate $150,000 to political causes in Minnesota to offset a donation by retail giant Target to MN Forward, a political group backing GOP gubernatorial candidate Tom Emmer.
- Regents deny discrimination against ex-UMD coaches
- Minn. governor names first openly gay justice to state supreme court
- Bernie Sanders attacks Hillary Clinton's LGBT endorsements; Clinton fights back
- Human Rights Campaign endorses Hillary Clinton
- 5-year-old gender non-conforming student spurs debate at Minnesota charter school