- Monday, April 4, 2016"I just didn't want to be fooled," he says in his defense.
- Saturday, April 2, 2016James Dixon is charged with manslaughter and assault in the Aug. 17, 2013 death of 21-year-old Islan Nettles.
- Thursday, March 5, 2015James Dixon was arraigned Tuesday on manslaughter and assault charges in connection with the 2013 fatal beating of Islan Nettles, a 21-year-old transgender woman in Manhattan.
- Monday, August 25, 2014NEW YORK -- One year since the murder Islan Nettles, a group of advocates and supporters gathered at the site where the transgender woman was beaten to death in a bid to keep the case in…
- Tuesday, November 19, 2013NEW YORK -- Prosecutors in New York on Tuesday dismissed a misdemeanor assault charge against a Harlem man who had been arrested in connection with the fatal beating of a transgendered woman in Harlem.
- Friday, August 23, 2013NEW YORK -- Hate crimes task force detectives were investigating Friday the death of a transgender woman who was assaulted last week on a New York City street and later died.