Iran, also known as Persia, officially the Islamic Republic of Iran since 1980, is a country in the Middle East region of Western Asia.
- Friday, December 11, 2015Payam Feili has made a years-long dream come true — he is visiting Israel, Iran's archenemy and a country known for its tolerance toward gays.
- Sunday, March 9, 2014AMSTERDAM -- Iranian pop star Googoosh has released a video that addresses homosexual love - a major gesture by one of the country's top cultural figures in exile - causing a stir in the Islamic republic,…
- Sunday, September 9, 2012QOM, Iran — The Mashregh News, a state-controlled Iranian media outlet, has published a report asserting that the “Zionist regime” of Israel, along with Jews in the U.S. and the United Kingdom were financing efforts to…
- Saturday, May 12, 2012An Iranian court has sentenced four men from the town of Choram, in the Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad Province, to death by hanging for sodomy.
- Sunday, April 29, 2012MARVDASHT, Iran -- A young man described as a "gangster," who is known only by the initials CHM, was hanged publicly in Marvdasht, Fars Province, Iran, for allegedly engaging in "sodomy" with another man.
- Wednesday, April 18, 2012QOM, Iran -- Homosexuals are inferior to dogs and pigs, according to Iranian cleric Ayatollah Abdollah Javadi-Amoli, a conservative Iranian politician and Islamic scholar based in Iran's holy city of Qom.
- Saturday, January 14, 2012The Secretary-General of the Iranian High Council for Human Rights has described homosexuality as a western "disease," and said that same-sex marriage was "immoral."
- Tuesday, September 6, 2011Three men were hanged in Iran on Sunday, executed for “unlawful” acts of sodomy and homosexual sex.