- Wednesday, January 7, 2015Democratic lawmakers kicked off the 114th Congress on Tuesday by reintroducing the Respect for Marriage Act, a bill that would fully repeal the Defense of Marriage Act.
- Wednesday, April 16, 2014The International Olympic Committee on Tuesday came under increased pressure to prohibit anti-LGBT discrimination and ensure future host countries do not have discriminatory laws on their books.
- Thursday, September 19, 2013WASHINGTON -- Legislation that would extend employee benefit programs to cover same-sex domestic partners of federal civilian employees on the same basis as spousal benefits was introduced Thursday in the U.S. House and Senate.
- Monday, May 6, 2013WASHINGTON -- A bill that would prohibit discrimination against LGBT people seeking to adopt or become foster parents is due to be reintroduced Tuesday in the U.S. Congress.
- Thursday, April 25, 2013WASHINGTON -- The Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA) was reintroduced in both chambers of Congress on Thursday. The measure would prohibit discrimination in hiring and employment on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity by civilian,…
- Thursday, December 27, 2012Two Republican members of the U.S. House have announced their support for repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), the federal law that defines marriage as between one man and one woman.
- Saturday, November 19, 2011Lawmaker in the U.S. House and Senate on Friday reintroduced the Domestic Partnership Benefits and Obligations Act, and said that approving the bill would put the federal government on par with Fortune 500 corporations that already…
- Wednesday, October 12, 2011Brian Brown, President of the National Organization for Marriage, on Wednesday said that Rodrigo Lehtinen, the transgender son of U.S. Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, is the reason his mother became the first Republican co-sponsor of the House…
- Tuesday, September 27, 2011The anti-gay hate group, the Family Research Council is furious that a Republican in Congress is co-sponsoring a bill which would repeal the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA).