Human Rights Watch
- Monday, December 15, 2014Human Rights Watch says growing numbers of LGBT people have been attacked and harassed across Russia in the lead-up and aftermath of the adoption of the 2013 anti-LGBT “propaganda” law.
- Friday, July 11, 2014KAMPALA, Uganda -- A Uganda court on Wednesday ruled against a group of gay rights activists who sued a Ugandan official they say violated their rights. Justice Stephen Musota ruled against four LGBT activists who had…
- Thursday, May 15, 2014KAMPALA, Uganda -- Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International are reporting a surge in the rights violations of gay people in Uganda following the enactment of a severe anti-gay law.
- Wednesday, July 10, 2013Human Rights Watch, an international non-governmental human rights advocacy organization, said Wednesday the Macedonia government has turned "a blind eye" to a series of anti-LGBT attacks over the past two months, and called on Prime Minister…
- Thursday, March 21, 2013ABIDJAN, Ivory Coast -- Cameroon prosecutes people for consensual same-sex conduct more aggressively than almost any country in the world, four human rights organizations said in a report released Thursday.
- Saturday, May 12, 2012An Iranian court has sentenced four men from the town of Choram, in the Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad Province, to death by hanging for sodomy.
- Monday, January 16, 2012Kuwaiti police have been torturing and sexually abusing transgender women continually since 2007, when a discriminatory law was passed which arbitrarily criminalizes “imitating the opposite sex,” Human Rights Watch said in a report released Sunday.