In both crime and law, hate crimes (also known as bias-motivated crimes) occur when a perpetrator targets a victim because of his or her perceived membership in a certain social group. Examples of such groups include but are not limited to: race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Thursday, December 10, 2015This personal trainer came to help a young mother being harassed by a motorist -- who subsequently tried to run him over him with his car.
- Wednesday, December 9, 2015On Wednesday, the trial began for Kathryn Knott, the young woman accused of participating in a violent attack on a gay couple in Center City Philadelphia last year.
- Monday, November 30, 2015Watch the disturbing video of the attack below and let us know what you think. Was it edited?
- Monday, November 23, 2015Last Thursday, Geoffrey Hubbard (pictured) became at least the twelfth victim in three months of an antigay hate crime.
- Sunday, November 22, 2015For a few transgender Americans, this has been a year of glamour and fame. For many others, 2015 has been fraught with danger, violence and mourning.
- Thursday, November 19, 2015"It’s our ultimate hope to attend his execution in Huntsville at the earliest possible time," said the victim's father.
- Tuesday, November 17, 2015Police claim a young man beaten unconscious by a group of teens this summer was attacked because of his sexuality.
- Tuesday, November 17, 2015A young man is worried that Islamophobia is starting to sweep through the LGBTQ community.
- Tuesday, November 17, 2015Wounds on the body indicate 28-year-old Marc Pourner was tied, gagged, and suffered massive blunt force trauma to the head.
- Monday, November 16, 2015Duke freshman Jack Donahue speaks out about a death threat he found written on the first floor of his residence hall: "Death to all fags @ Jack."