Thursday, September 4, 2014INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana will ask the U.S. Supreme Court to stay a 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals' ruling that found the state's gay marriage ban unconstitutional. Attorney General Greg Zoeller said Thursday that it seems…
Saturday, July 12, 2014INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana's attorney general wants more than three appellate judges to decide the fate of the state's same-sex marriage ban. The office says in a statement issued Saturday that it filed a motion late Friday…
Friday, June 27, 2014A federal appeals court on Friday put on hold a judge's order striking down Indiana's gay marriage ban, bringing same-sex marriages to a halt and leaving those who've already tied the knot in legal limbo. The…
Friday, June 27, 2014INDIANAPOLIS -- A southwestern Indiana county clerk says she won't issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples because of her biblical beliefs and what she calls a lack of clear direction.
Thursday, June 19, 2014INDIANAPOLIS -- States have the right to decide which out-of-state licenses they choose to recognize, including marriage licenses, attorneys for Indiana argued in a brief filed with a federal appeals court. The filing by the Indiana…
Saturday, December 28, 2013INDIANAPOLIS -- The chief counsel for Indiana state officials said Friday he has been fielding a lot of questions about placing the state's gay marriage ban in the constitution.
- House OKs protection for clergy refusing gay marriage
- Kentucky legislators want to create two marriage licenses -- one for straight couples, one for same-sex couples
- Kim Davis is obeying her orders, and issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples
- 'The Supreme Court declared itself God when legalizing gay marriage'
- NC lawmakers, magistrate want to defend gay marriage exemption