- Friday, March 6, 2015The settlement comes after Saks tried to defend itself by arguing that discrimination based on gender identity was not covered under the ban on sex discrimination in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Thursday, February 26, 2015Facebook users who don't fit any of the 58 gender identity options offered by the social media giant are now being given a rather big 59th option: fill in the blank.
- Wednesday, February 18, 2015Mika Inoue was in college when she faced some of the scariest threats against her life as a transgender woman. Now, at age 25, she hopes to avoid those situations by getting a new birth certificate…
- Tuesday, February 17, 2015An Ohio man is facing murder and domestic violence charges in the stabbing death of his gender fluid child late Friday.
- Tuesday, February 10, 2015Whether or not Olympic legend Bruce Jenner becomes its new champion, the transgender rights movement is making remarkable strides on many fronts, ranging from mass-media visibility to legal protections.
- Wednesday, February 4, 2015With speculation flying, Bruce Jenner's mother opened up Wednesday about his gender journey in a wide-ranging, nearly hour-long phone interview with the Associated Press.
- Tuesday, February 3, 2015Olympic gold medalist turned reality television personality Bruce Jenner will sit down with Diane Sawyer to discuss transitioning from male to female, according to various media reports.
- Monday, February 2, 2015A new study of transgender youth indicates that the gender identity of these children is deeply held and is not the result of confusion about gender identity or pretense.
- Wednesday, January 21, 2015Gov. Andrew Cuomo says in his state of the state speech Wednesday that the Legislature should pass a bill to add "gender identity or expression" as a protected class.
Uninformed religious leaders are guilty of causing Leelah Alcorn’s pain, desperation, rejection, and deathWednesday, December 31, 2014I place culpability and thus, guilt, on Christian and conservative leaders who, over the past four decades, have constructed an extreme intensity of cultural and religious discrimination against the LGBT community.