As of June 26, 2015:
To date: 23 countries have legalized same-sex marriage: Argentina (2010), Belgium (2003), Brazil (2013), Canada (nationwide 2005), Denmark (2012), Finland (eff. 2017) France (2013), Greenland (Oct. 2015) Iceland (2010), Ireland (eff. TBD) Luxembourg (2015), Mexico (nationwide, eff. TBD) Netherlands (2001), New Zealand (2013), Norway (2009), Portugal (2010), Slovenia (eff. TBD), South Africa (2006), Spain (2005), Sweden (2009), Uruguay (2013), Untied Kingdom (England and Wales, 2014), United States and territories (nationwide 2015).
- Saturday, February 14, 2015Indiana’s birth certificates discriminate against gay married couples and their children because they don’t account for both spouses being the same gender, a federal lawsuit filed Friday says.
- Saturday, February 14, 2015The Alabama Supreme Court late Friday agreed to consider a petition by two conservative groups seeking a halt to the issuance of same-sex marriage licenses by state probate judges.
- Saturday, February 14, 2015An attorney representing same-sex couples in Arkansas says her clients who received marriage licenses are "stuck in limbo" while state and federal courts consider whether gay marriage should be legal in the state.
- Saturday, February 14, 2015Plaintiffs in the federal challenge to Texas' same-sex marriage ban are asking a federal appeals court to allow same-sex couples to begin marrying in the Lone Star state.
- Friday, February 13, 2015Alabama's stand against same-sex marriage crumbled Friday as judges in most counties sided with federal courts rather than their own chief justice, a Republican who once called homosexuality an inherent evil.
- Thursday, February 12, 2015The Idaho Bureau of Vital Records and Health Statistics determined the couples received the licenses before the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals lifted a stay blocking same-sex marriage in Idaho.
- Thursday, February 12, 2015The federal judge who overturned Alabama’s gay marriage ban ordered a defiant Mobile County judge to begin issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples, signaling to probate judges across the state that they should do the same.…
- Thursday, February 12, 2015With many Alabama counties still refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples, the federal judge who overturned the state's ban on same-sex marriages will hear arguments Thursday that could provide clarity to what has become…
- Thursday, February 12, 2015The bill grants licensed ministers in the state immunity from any civil claim based on their refusal to recognize a marriage that violates the minister's "conscience or religious beliefs."
- Thursday, February 12, 2015In a new interview Wednesday, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg talks with Bloomberg about the outlook for legalizing same-sex marriage across the nation ... "I think that as more and more people came out…