As of June 26, 2015:
To date: 23 countries have legalized same-sex marriage: Argentina (2010), Belgium (2003), Brazil (2013), Canada (nationwide 2005), Denmark (2012), Finland (eff. 2017) France (2013), Greenland (Oct. 2015) Iceland (2010), Ireland (eff. TBD) Luxembourg (2015), Mexico (nationwide, eff. TBD) Netherlands (2001), New Zealand (2013), Norway (2009), Portugal (2010), Slovenia (eff. TBD), South Africa (2006), Spain (2005), Sweden (2009), Uruguay (2013), Untied Kingdom (England and Wales, 2014), United States and territories (nationwide 2015).
- Wednesday, February 18, 2015About half of likely Republican primary and caucus voters in key early states of New Hampshire, Iowa and South Carolina says that opposition to same-sex marriage is unacceptable in a candidate, according to a new poll.
- Tuesday, February 17, 2015Faith leaders rallied for marriage equality Tuesday at the Texas Capitol, seeking to convince lawmakers that expanding rights to LGBT Texans won't compromise their religious beliefs.
- Tuesday, February 17, 2015Judges or court clerks who issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples would lose their jobs under a bill that has been approved by a House committee. The bill now proceeds to the full House for a…
- Tuesday, February 17, 2015A judge in Travis County, Texas, on Tuesday ruled that the state's ban on same-sex marriage was unconstitutional, but the impact of the ruling remains unclear and the County Clerk declined to take any immediate action…
- Tuesday, February 17, 2015The couples challenging Arkansas' same-sex marriage ban are asking the state's highest court to lift its stay in the case and allow clerks to resume issuing same-sex marriage licenses.
- Tuesday, February 17, 2015Technology giant Apple Inc., whose CEO Tim Cook, came out as gay last year, has cut ties with an Alabama lobbyist because he opposed same-sex marriage during his time as a state lawmaker and congressional candidate.
- Tuesday, February 17, 2015Lawyers have asked a federal judge to direct Attorney General Luther Strange to block an effort before the Alabama Supreme Court to put same-sex marriages on hold.
- Tuesday, February 17, 2015A Florida man who is openly gay is taking a stand against a recent decision in Duval County, Fa., to end end all courthouse weddings rather than allow same-sex weddings.
- Monday, February 16, 2015An Idaho state lawmaker upset with federal judges who have overturned same-sex marriage bans across the nation is proposing that the U.S. Congress impeach judges who "fail to uphold" the U.S. Constitution.
- Monday, February 16, 2015Republicans eyeing the presidency nearly all insist that states should make their own decisions on whether to allow same-sex marriage. But the latest dispute in Alabama? That’s a topic they’d rather avoid.