As of June 26, 2015:
To date: 23 countries have legalized same-sex marriage: Argentina (2010), Belgium (2003), Brazil (2013), Canada (nationwide 2005), Denmark (2012), Finland (eff. 2017) France (2013), Greenland (Oct. 2015) Iceland (2010), Ireland (eff. TBD) Luxembourg (2015), Mexico (nationwide, eff. TBD) Netherlands (2001), New Zealand (2013), Norway (2009), Portugal (2010), Slovenia (eff. TBD), South Africa (2006), Spain (2005), Sweden (2009), Uruguay (2013), Untied Kingdom (England and Wales, 2014), United States and territories (nationwide 2015).
- Tuesday, February 17, 2015The couples challenging Arkansas' same-sex marriage ban are asking the state's highest court to lift its stay in the case and allow clerks to resume issuing same-sex marriage licenses.
- Tuesday, February 17, 2015Technology giant Apple Inc., whose CEO Tim Cook, came out as gay last year, has cut ties with an Alabama lobbyist because he opposed same-sex marriage during his time as a state lawmaker and congressional candidate.
- Tuesday, February 17, 2015Lawyers have asked a federal judge to direct Attorney General Luther Strange to block an effort before the Alabama Supreme Court to put same-sex marriages on hold.
- Tuesday, February 17, 2015A Florida man who is openly gay is taking a stand against a recent decision in Duval County, Fa., to end end all courthouse weddings rather than allow same-sex weddings.
- Monday, February 16, 2015An Idaho state lawmaker upset with federal judges who have overturned same-sex marriage bans across the nation is proposing that the U.S. Congress impeach judges who "fail to uphold" the U.S. Constitution.
- Monday, February 16, 2015Republicans eyeing the presidency nearly all insist that states should make their own decisions on whether to allow same-sex marriage. But the latest dispute in Alabama? That’s a topic they’d rather avoid.
- Monday, February 16, 2015Alabama Supreme Court Justice Roy Moore said Sunday that if the U.S. Supreme Court rules that same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry, he would defy the ruling because it would alter God’s “organic law.” …
- Sunday, February 15, 2015Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore's judicial building office overlooks Montgomery's Dexter Avenue, a history-soaked thoroughfare topped by the Alabama Capitol where Jefferson Davis was inaugurated president of the Confederacy and where the Rev. Martin Luther King,…
- Sunday, February 15, 2015Top leaders of the Christian Right plan to issue a fresh manifesto against marriage equality in March. It may be the defining document for the anti-marriage equality forces in the run up to the legal show…