As of June 26, 2015:
To date: 23 countries have legalized same-sex marriage: Argentina (2010), Belgium (2003), Brazil (2013), Canada (nationwide 2005), Denmark (2012), Finland (eff. 2017) France (2013), Greenland (Oct. 2015) Iceland (2010), Ireland (eff. TBD) Luxembourg (2015), Mexico (nationwide, eff. TBD) Netherlands (2001), New Zealand (2013), Norway (2009), Portugal (2010), Slovenia (eff. TBD), South Africa (2006), Spain (2005), Sweden (2009), Uruguay (2013), Untied Kingdom (England and Wales, 2014), United States and territories (nationwide 2015).
- Thursday, February 19, 2015The Cook County clerk's office is reporting more than 6,500 same-sex couples married in Illinois' most populous county over the first year it issued licenses.
- Thursday, February 19, 2015Despite Texas' statewide ban on gay marriage, county officials in Austin have married a same-sex couple under a one-time court order issued for medical reasons. Republican Attorney General Ken Paxton has asked the state’s highest civil…
- Wednesday, February 18, 2015Lawyers for gay couples challenging Arkansas' same-sex marriage ban want a federal judge to drop a stay she imposed while tossing the prohibition last year.
- Wednesday, February 18, 2015Ken Paxton says Probate Judge Guy Herman's "misguided ruling does not change Texas law or allow the issuance of a marriage license to anyone other than one man and one woman."
- Wednesday, February 18, 2015The move affirms a vote by the Dallas Employees’ Retirement Fund board to extend benefits to all spouses subject to a vote of the City Council and a city attorney opinion.
- Wednesday, February 18, 2015At least 12 Alabama counties are not issuing marriage licenses to gay couples. At least another six are not giving licenses to anyone, gay or straight, to avoid the appearance of discrimination.
- Wednesday, February 18, 2015About half of likely Republican primary and caucus voters in key early states of New Hampshire, Iowa and South Carolina says that opposition to same-sex marriage is unacceptable in a candidate, according to a new poll.
- Tuesday, February 17, 2015Faith leaders rallied for marriage equality Tuesday at the Texas Capitol, seeking to convince lawmakers that expanding rights to LGBT Texans won't compromise their religious beliefs.
- Tuesday, February 17, 2015Judges or court clerks who issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples would lose their jobs under a bill that has been approved by a House committee. The bill now proceeds to the full House for a…
- Tuesday, February 17, 2015A judge in Travis County, Texas, on Tuesday ruled that the state's ban on same-sex marriage was unconstitutional, but the impact of the ruling remains unclear and the County Clerk declined to take any immediate action…