As of June 26, 2015:
To date: 23 countries have legalized same-sex marriage: Argentina (2010), Belgium (2003), Brazil (2013), Canada (nationwide 2005), Denmark (2012), Finland (eff. 2017) France (2013), Greenland (Oct. 2015) Iceland (2010), Ireland (eff. TBD) Luxembourg (2015), Mexico (nationwide, eff. TBD) Netherlands (2001), New Zealand (2013), Norway (2009), Portugal (2010), Slovenia (eff. TBD), South Africa (2006), Spain (2005), Sweden (2009), Uruguay (2013), Untied Kingdom (England and Wales, 2014), United States and territories (nationwide 2015).
- Friday, February 20, 2015The Human Rights Campaign filed an Alabama Open Records request on Thursday seeking government email and phone records of Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore to determine his role in a third-party lawsuit against marriage…
- Friday, February 20, 2015Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said Friday the state's same-sex marriage ban has been "needlessly cast in doubt" after a judge gave a lesbian couple from Austin permission to tie the knot. Paxton warned of…
- Friday, February 20, 2015Sixty-three percent of Americans say that gays and lesbians have a constitutional right to marry and have their marriages recognized by the law as valid, according to a CNN/ORC poll released Thursday.
- Thursday, February 19, 2015The Texas Supreme Court has issued a stay against other same-sex marriages after a lesbian couple married earlier Thursday in Travis County.
- Thursday, February 19, 2015The same sex-couples challenging Nebraska's ban on gay marriage hope a federal judge will block it, but that won't be the end of the fight because the state has promised to appeal.
- Thursday, February 19, 2015The Cook County clerk's office is reporting more than 6,500 same-sex couples married in Illinois' most populous county over the first year it issued licenses.
- Thursday, February 19, 2015Despite Texas' statewide ban on gay marriage, county officials in Austin have married a same-sex couple under a one-time court order issued for medical reasons. Republican Attorney General Ken Paxton has asked the state’s highest civil…
- Wednesday, February 18, 2015Lawyers for gay couples challenging Arkansas' same-sex marriage ban want a federal judge to drop a stay she imposed while tossing the prohibition last year.
- Wednesday, February 18, 2015Ken Paxton says Probate Judge Guy Herman's "misguided ruling does not change Texas law or allow the issuance of a marriage license to anyone other than one man and one woman."
- Wednesday, February 18, 2015The move affirms a vote by the Dallas Employees’ Retirement Fund board to extend benefits to all spouses subject to a vote of the City Council and a city attorney opinion.