As of June 26, 2015:
To date: 23 countries have legalized same-sex marriage: Argentina (2010), Belgium (2003), Brazil (2013), Canada (nationwide 2005), Denmark (2012), Finland (eff. 2017) France (2013), Greenland (Oct. 2015) Iceland (2010), Ireland (eff. TBD) Luxembourg (2015), Mexico (nationwide, eff. TBD) Netherlands (2001), New Zealand (2013), Norway (2009), Portugal (2010), Slovenia (eff. TBD), South Africa (2006), Spain (2005), Sweden (2009), Uruguay (2013), Untied Kingdom (England and Wales, 2014), United States and territories (nationwide 2015).
- Wednesday, April 15, 2015U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) - who on Monday formally announced his candidacy for president - appeared on CNN’s “The Lead with Jake Tapper” to discuss where he stands on a number of issues.
- Tuesday, April 14, 2015A former Supreme Court justice who helped strike down Arkansas' ban on gay foster parents and an ex-legislator who tried to reinstate that prohibition were appointed Tuesday to help decide a case related to the challenge…
- Tuesday, April 14, 2015The Supreme Court must not protect gay couples’ marriages, because doing so would demean marriages between gay men and their wives.
- Tuesday, April 14, 2015A lawsuit challenging a Puerto Rico law defining marriage as between a man and a woman has been put on hold pending a ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Tuesday, April 14, 2015Kansas argues in a new court filing that same-sex couples' ability to obtain marriage licenses in many counties should prompt a federal judge to dismiss a lawsuit filed by gay and lesbian couples.
- Monday, April 13, 2015Angie and Kami Roe say in the lawsuit filed Monday that hospital staff refused to take their birth certificate paperwork in February, and Utah officials said one mother must adopt the baby as a step-parent.
- Monday, April 13, 2015Hillary Clinton unveiled her long-expected 2016 White House bid with a video Sunday that opens with a series of testimonials from everyday Americans going through major life changes, including a same-sex couple planning to marry soon.
- Monday, April 13, 2015A lesbian couple on Guam has filed a legal challenge to the territory's marriage laws after they were barred from submitting a license to wed.
- Saturday, April 11, 2015Straight couples simply copy numbers from one form to another. But that doesn't work for same-sex couples reporting combined incomes, deductions and exemptions on their federal tax returns. These couples must untangle their finances on many…