As of June 26, 2015:
To date: 23 countries have legalized same-sex marriage: Argentina (2010), Belgium (2003), Brazil (2013), Canada (nationwide 2005), Denmark (2012), Finland (eff. 2017) France (2013), Greenland (Oct. 2015) Iceland (2010), Ireland (eff. TBD) Luxembourg (2015), Mexico (nationwide, eff. TBD) Netherlands (2001), New Zealand (2013), Norway (2009), Portugal (2010), Slovenia (eff. TBD), South Africa (2006), Spain (2005), Sweden (2009), Uruguay (2013), Untied Kingdom (England and Wales, 2014), United States and territories (nationwide 2015).
- Friday, March 4, 2016"Deal with it."
- Thursday, March 3, 2016The 454-page bill aims to reverse the “absolute Tyranny” of marriage equality.
- Thursday, March 3, 2016The law would take effect July 1.
- Thursday, March 3, 2016"That’s the threat we’re facing."
- Wednesday, March 2, 2016Rep. Scott Plakon said the bill simply gives pastors added protections.
- Monday, February 29, 2016Her views on the new law are surprising, to say the least.
- Saturday, February 27, 2016Gay and lesbian groups denounced the watered-down legislation as a betrayal because Renzi’s Democratic Party sacrificed a provision to allow same-sex adoption in order to ensure passage.
- Thursday, February 25, 2016Oppression operates like a wheel with many spokes. If we work to dismantle only a few specific spokes, the wheel will continue to roll over people.
- Wednesday, February 24, 2016"Sincere change of heart or political calculation—either way—I will take it."