As of June 26, 2015:
To date: 23 countries have legalized same-sex marriage: Argentina (2010), Belgium (2003), Brazil (2013), Canada (nationwide 2005), Denmark (2012), Finland (eff. 2017) France (2013), Greenland (Oct. 2015) Iceland (2010), Ireland (eff. TBD) Luxembourg (2015), Mexico (nationwide, eff. TBD) Netherlands (2001), New Zealand (2013), Norway (2009), Portugal (2010), Slovenia (eff. TBD), South Africa (2006), Spain (2005), Sweden (2009), Uruguay (2013), Untied Kingdom (England and Wales, 2014), United States and territories (nationwide 2015).
- Friday, March 25, 2016A law that perhaps intentionally failed to protect domestic violence victims in same-sex relationships appears to be unconstitutional.
This is Alabama’s fervidly antigay governor. He just got ‘caught having phonesex affair’ with an aide.Thursday, March 24, 2016In the recording, Robert Bentley says he longs to fondle the aide's breasts. Then he says he loves her.
- Wednesday, March 16, 2016The legislation would also nullify all local human rights ordinances that protect LGBT people.
- Wednesday, March 16, 2016The Alabama Senate voted to do away with state-issued marriage licenses after the U.S. Supreme Court ruling that effectively legalized same-sex marriage.
- Monday, March 14, 2016The lawyers who worked for the same-sex couples note in court filings they're already giving the state a $1 million discount.
- Saturday, March 12, 2016Thee Missouri Senate has passed a proposal to add greater religious protections to the state constitution for some business owners and individuals opposed to gay marriage.
- Thursday, March 10, 2016Televangelist Rick Joyner says the devastating natural disaster was "a wake up call."
- Thursday, March 10, 2016If passed by both chambers, the measure would appear on the ballot during either the August primary or November general election.
- Wednesday, March 9, 2016There's great confusion about the future of same-sex couples seeking to get married on the island.
- Tuesday, March 8, 2016"I've said it 150 times. We're not here for discussing that!"