As of June 26, 2015:
To date: 23 countries have legalized same-sex marriage: Argentina (2010), Belgium (2003), Brazil (2013), Canada (nationwide 2005), Denmark (2012), Finland (eff. 2017) France (2013), Greenland (Oct. 2015) Iceland (2010), Ireland (eff. TBD) Luxembourg (2015), Mexico (nationwide, eff. TBD) Netherlands (2001), New Zealand (2013), Norway (2009), Portugal (2010), Slovenia (eff. TBD), South Africa (2006), Spain (2005), Sweden (2009), Uruguay (2013), Untied Kingdom (England and Wales, 2014), United States and territories (nationwide 2015).
- Friday, October 2, 2015The Vatican spokesman said Pope Francis met with "several dozen" people at the Vatican's embassy in Washington.
- Thursday, October 1, 2015Like a kid who's been an absolute angel all afternoon, only to totally prank out at the end, the Pope shot the ultimate spit-wad at the LGBT community as his parting gift.
- Thursday, October 1, 2015"Simply stated, Davis' role is a legal one — not a moral or religious one," Beshear's attorneys wrote in the court document
- Wednesday, September 30, 2015"It was really very humbling to even think that he would want to meet me or know me," Davis said in an interview with ABC.
- Monday, September 28, 2015"If a government official is a human person, he has that right."
- Monday, September 28, 2015It's important, he said, to recognize that some parts of the country remain uncomfortable with same-sex marriage and that it will take time for them to catch up.
- Sunday, September 27, 2015You're cordially invited to come to dinner with my family. Now that you are done with official business, how about next Friday?
- Saturday, September 26, 2015Instead, he pivoted to other matters, condemning the use of "religion as a pretext for hatred and brutality."