As of June 26, 2015:
To date: 23 countries have legalized same-sex marriage: Argentina (2010), Belgium (2003), Brazil (2013), Canada (nationwide 2005), Denmark (2012), Finland (eff. 2017) France (2013), Greenland (Oct. 2015) Iceland (2010), Ireland (eff. TBD) Luxembourg (2015), Mexico (nationwide, eff. TBD) Netherlands (2001), New Zealand (2013), Norway (2009), Portugal (2010), Slovenia (eff. TBD), South Africa (2006), Spain (2005), Sweden (2009), Uruguay (2013), Untied Kingdom (England and Wales, 2014), United States and territories (nationwide 2015).
- Saturday, October 3, 2015"The private meeting request was unsolicited and facilitated by Vatican officials," says the statement from Liberty Counsel.
- Saturday, October 3, 2015Some judges who oppose same-sex marriage are using a long-forgotten amendment to get out of the marriage business altogether.
- Friday, October 2, 2015The Liberty Counsel insists that "the meeting with Kim Davis was initiated by the Vatican."
- Friday, October 2, 2015The Vatican spokesman said Pope Francis met with "several dozen" people at the Vatican's embassy in Washington.
- Thursday, October 1, 2015Like a kid who's been an absolute angel all afternoon, only to totally prank out at the end, the Pope shot the ultimate spit-wad at the LGBT community as his parting gift.
- Thursday, October 1, 2015"Simply stated, Davis' role is a legal one — not a moral or religious one," Beshear's attorneys wrote in the court document
- Wednesday, September 30, 2015"It was really very humbling to even think that he would want to meet me or know me," Davis said in an interview with ABC.
- Monday, September 28, 2015"If a government official is a human person, he has that right."