- Monday, May 2, 2016The LGBT-themed channel will air the 61st annual Grand Final live and commercial free on Saturday, May 14.
- Saturday, March 21, 2015She rubs shoulders with fashion icons Jean-Paul Gaultier and Karl-Lagerfeld and plays sold-out gigs across Europe. Her appearances on Austrian radio talk shows attract callers from as far away as California.
- Sunday, May 18, 2014VIENNA -- So... who was the real Conchita Wurst? The one on stage, of course. But with some of the fans gathered Sunday to fete the hirsute Austrian drag queen wearing fake beards, it was a…
- Sunday, May 18, 2014PARIS -- The head of Europe's leading human rights body is praising Conchita Wurst's Eurovision victory as a positive sign that freedom of expression is thriving, and that Europeans are "allowed to shock."
- Friday, May 16, 2014It's the beard that divided a continent. The victory of whiskered drag queen Conchita Wurst in the Eurovision Song Contest had celebrities from Nigella Lawson to Russell Brand posting bearded selfies on the Internet in tribute…
- Thursday, May 15, 2014MOSCOW -- Moscow authorities have turned down gay activists' application to hold a parade honoring drag queen Conchita Wurst, winner of this year's Eurovision song contest.
- Monday, May 12, 2014It was an eventful weekend: An openly gay football player kissed his boyfriend on national TV after being drafted by the NFL; same-sex marriage arrived in the Bible Belt; a bearded drag performer won one of…
- Sunday, May 11, 2014VIENNA -- Bearded drag queen Conchita Wurst made a triumphant return to Austria on Sunday after winning the Eurovision Song Contest in what the country's president called a victory for tolerance in Europe.
- Saturday, May 10, 2014COPENHAGEN, Denmark — Austrian bearded drag queen Conchita Wurst won the 59th edition of the Eurovision Song Contest Saturday with a James Bond-inspired power ballad.