Eureka Springs AR
Wednesday, May 13, 2015Residents in Eureka Springs, a town known both for its 66-foot-tall Jesus statue and for being a gay-friendly tourist destination, voted overwhelmingly Tuesday to uphold the anti-discrimination ordinance.
Tuesday, May 12, 2015Eureka Springs voters are casting ballots Tuesday on whether to keep the expanded LGBT anti-discrimination protections adopted in February by the city council.
Sunday, May 10, 2015That balance of identities will be tested Tuesday, when voters decide whether to repeal a recent local ordinance that extends discrimination protections to the LGBT community.
Tuesday, February 10, 2015The Eureka Springs, Ark., city council on Monday unanimously passed an LGBT-inclusive anti-discrimination ordinance, just hours after the state Senate approved a bill to prohibit local governments from passing such laws.
Monday, August 4, 2014EUREKA SPRINGS, Ark. -- The city of Eureka Springs hosted the first “mass gay wedding reception in the Bible Belt” on Saturday, welcoming hundreds of guests from across the region to celebrate the more than 500…
Monday, May 12, 2014EUREKA SPRINGS, Ark. -- After issuing marriage licenses to 15 same-sex couples on Saturday, and about a dozen on Monday, the Carroll County clerk's office says it will now just issue licenses that include a man…
Saturday, May 10, 2014EUREKA SPRINGS, Ark. -- Same-sex marriage arrived in the Bible Belt on Saturday, beginning with two women who had traveled overnight to ensure they'd be first in line.
- Ellen praises Obama for his work on LGBTQ rights
- Georgia House OKs bill protecting clergy who refuse to perform same-sex weddings
- Fired: Gay teacher's sex video stolen, posted to school website
- Kentucky legislators want to create two marriage licenses -- one for straight couples, one for same-sex couples
- Kim Davis is obeying her orders, and issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples