Edward B. Murray (b. May 2, 1955) is an openly gay American politician from Washington state, who serves in the Washington State Senate. Elected to the Senate in 2006, he had previously served 11 years in the Washington State House of Representatives.
- Friday, March 11, 2016The city will develop uniform guidance and trainings for city staff on how to best provide safe and inclusive spaces for transgender and gender-diverse people.
- Tuesday, April 7, 2015The mayors of four West Coast cities say they're lifting bans imposed on city-funded travel to Indiana after changes were made to that state's religious objections law to make clear it can't be used to discriminate.
- Saturday, March 28, 2015Seattle Mayor Ed Murray says he will not allow work-related city-funded travel to Indiana after the passage of a new law that has the potential to discriminate against LGBT people and others based on religious beliefs.
- Saturday, June 7, 2014SEATTLE -- One man is in custody and another suspect is on the run in last weekend's double homicide of two gay men in Seattle's Central District. Dwone Anderson-Young, 23, and Ahmed Said, 27, were fatally…
- Thursday, April 10, 2014SEATTLE -- Seattle's mayor and City Council have thrown their support behind a Boys Scouts troop leader in Seattle whose membership in the Boys Scouts of America was revoked last month because he is gay.
- Saturday, January 25, 2014SEATTLE -- A 32-year-old Seattle man accused of posting threats on Facebook against Seattle's openly gay mayor and a socialist City Council member has been charged with malicious harassment, felony harassment and two counts of cyberstalking.
- Saturday, January 18, 2014SEATTLE -- A 32-year-old man accused of threatening Seattle's openly gay mayor and a socialist City Council member in Facebook postings was ordered held in jail Friday on $600,000 bail.
- Tuesday, November 5, 2013SEATTLE — The leader of Washington state's effort to legalize same-sex marriage is poised to become the next mayor of Seattle.
- Friday, October 25, 2013The Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund has announced its annual “Races to Watch” list featuring openly LGBT candidates, naming 10 candidates involved in groundbreaking runs for political office this year. Victory has endorsed a total of…
- Wednesday, August 7, 2013SEATTLE — A state senator who drove efforts to make gay marriage legal in Washington state led early returns in Seattle's mayoral primary, while incumbent Mike McGinn looked as if he'd avoid being the second consecutive…