Dorchester Hotel Group
Monday, May 5, 2014LOS ANGELES -- Hollywood is responding to harsh new laws in the tiny Southeast Asia nation of Brunei by boycotting the Beverly Hills Hotel. The Motion Picture & Television Fund joined a growing list of organizations…
Saturday, May 3, 2014LONDON — Richard Branson, the founder and CEO of the Virgin group, a £15 billion multinational conglomerate, announced Saturday that he, and his company, would boycott hotels owner by the Sultan of Brunei due to the…
Thursday, May 1, 2014BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN, Brunei — Brunei on Thursday embraced a form of Islamic Shariah criminal law that includes harsh penalties, a move slammed by international rights group as a step backward for human rights.
Saturday, April 19, 2014A group of high-dollar LGBT donors has cancelled plans to hold its upcoming conference at the famed Beverley Hills Hotel in Los Angeles following news that its owner, the Sultan of Brunei, would institute a revised…
Tuesday, April 15, 2014The United Nations Human Rights office has condemned a revised penal code in Brunei which calls for the death penalty for numerous offenses, including same-sex sexual activity, and introduces stoning to death as the specific method…
- United Nations issues new stamps honoring LGBT people
- Poll: Christians rank their own religious freedom as most important than others
- Disturbing photos capture ISIS stoning two men for being gay
- A dozen UN agencies issue unprecedented call for LGBT rights
- US government says it will now use the term 'sexual rights'