- Monday, June 1, 2015The Connecticut legislature is sending a bill to Gov. Dannel P. Malloy that makes it easier for transgender people to update their names and gender on their birth certificates.
- Sunday, April 5, 2015New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy on Saturday lifted their bans on some state-funded travel to Indiana, citing changes made to a religious-objections law that had spurred concern about anti-gay discrimination.
- Tuesday, March 31, 2015Connecticut's governor and UConn's athletic director called on the NCAA on Monday to consider moving next year's Women's Final Four out of Indianapolis unless changes are made to Indiana's new religious-objections law.
- Friday, May 9, 2014HARTFORD, Conn. -- Connecticut's governor is pressing for a transgender teen to be moved from a Connecticut women's prison where she has been held without charges for a month.
- Thursday, December 27, 2012Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy on Thursday nominated State Sen. Andrew J. McDonald to the state's Supreme Court. If confirmed by the legislature, he would become the first openly gay justice of the state Supreme Court.
- Friday, December 16, 2011HARTFORD, CONNECTICUT -- Mark Ojakian, the openly gay Deputy Budget Director for the state of Connecticut, has been named to the position of Chief of Staff for Governor Dannel P. Malloy.
- Friday, July 8, 2011Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy this week signed legislation prohibiting discrimination on the basis of gender identity and expression.