- Saturday, November 14, 2015When Jazmin Elizondo Arias was born in 1991, someone goofed and noted on her birth certificate that she was male.
- Wednesday, June 3, 2015Along with being the first legal recognition of a same-sex relationship in Central America, the decision could set an example for judges elsewhere in the country to recognize gay relationships and even adoption.
- Thursday, March 19, 2015Costa Rica will put forth a plan this week to allow civil unions between same-sex couples in the Central American nation.
- Friday, May 16, 2014SAN JOSE, Costa Rica -- Costa Rica's new president has raised a gay pride flag next to the country's flag at the presidential residence as part of an anti-discrimination observance.
- Tuesday, September 24, 2013SAN JOSE, Costa Rica -- A family court in Costa Rico has rejected a request by a same-sex couple to register their relationship as a marriage, effectively shutting down a loophole created when lawmakers voted to…
- Friday, July 5, 2013SAN JOSE, Costa Rica -- Conservative Costa Rican lawmakers are getting a lesson in the importance of reading the fine print.
- Thursday, July 4, 2013SAN JOSE, Costa Rica – Lawmakers in Costa Rica have accidentally voted to amend a law that could legalize same-sex civil unions in the Central American country.
- Tuesday, August 10, 2010In another international victory for gay rights advocates, Costa Rica's highest court on Tuesday rejected a Catholic Church-supported national vote on whether the country should grant same-sex couples the right to civil unions in the Central…