Church of England
- Monday, January 11, 2016Officials from the Church of England are bracing for a split after next week's summit to discuss the issue of homosexuality.
- Saturday, October 4, 2014LONDON -- More than 300 Anglican priests, parishioners and other Christians have signed an open “love letter” to bishops in the Church of England who are secretly gay urging them to “come out” about their sexual
- Thursday, January 30, 2014The Archbishops of Canterbury and York, spiritual heads of the worldwide Anglican Communion, have called upon Church leaders and the presidents of Nigeria and Uganda to support and care for all people “regardless of sexual orientation.”
- Thursday, July 11, 2013LONDON – Being gay can be given up similar to smoking or drugs, claims a U.K. reverend who also alleges that the British police force is being “manipulated by homosexuals."
- Friday, July 5, 2013LONDON -- The Archbishop of Canterbury has announced a campaign to stamp out anti-gay bullying in Church of England schools, acknowledging that attitudes toward sexuality have changed.
- Wednesday, June 5, 2013LONDON -- The Church of England on Wednesday signaled it would no longer fight against the government's plans to legalize same-sex marriage in England and Wales.
- Thursday, March 21, 2013LONDON — The new archbishop of Canterbury was formally enthroned Thursday — and questions about the Church of England's opposition to same-sex marriage greeted his promotion.
- Saturday, January 5, 2013The Church of England announced Friday it has lifted a ban on gay male clergy who live with their partners from becoming bishops, on the condition that they remain sexually abstinent.