Wednesday, October 8, 2014CHARLESTON, S.C. -- A South Carolina court accepted a same-sex marriage application Wednesday and plans to issue a license despite the state's constitutional ban against the practice and the attorney general's pledge to defend it.
Friday, August 15, 2014CHARLESTON, S.C. -- Gay rights advocates hope the buzz surrounding a "Big, Gay 'I Do'" wedding celebration in Charleston will show how much money South Carolina's businesses are losing to the state's ban on same-sex marriage.…
Friday, October 25, 2013The Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund has announced its annual “Races to Watch” list featuring openly LGBT candidates, naming 10 candidates involved in groundbreaking runs for political office this year. Victory has endorsed a total of…
Saturday, September 7, 2013CHARLESTON, S.C. — A high school math teacher in South Carolina bullied a student so mercilessly as "gay" that the boy tried to kill himself, the teen and his mother claim in court.
Tuesday, July 24, 2012CHARLESTON, S.C -- A new political ad is emphasizing U.S. Senator Jim DeMint's previously stated belief that LGBT people shouldn't be allowed to teach in schools has angered DeMint supporters because, they claim, it falsely portrays…
- Big political lessons we learned in 2015
- Mike Huckabee: Ted Cruz isn't homophobic enough to be President
- Despite resistance, Michigan election board approves anti-discrimination petition form
- Kentucky's antigay governor to inherit $2 million legal bill for crusade against marriage equality
- China's 1st domestic violence law makes no mention of gay or lesbian couples