- Wednesday, May 27, 2015The Vatican's secretary of state has called the Irish vote to legalize same-sex marriage a "defeat for humanity," evidence of the soul-searching going on in Catholic circles after the predominantly Roman Catholic country overwhelmingly rejected traditional…
- Tuesday, May 26, 2015Ireland's national referendum on same-sex marriage, which was approved by 62 percent of the voters, comes just weeks ahead of an expected ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court on whether to legalize gay marriage throughout the…
- Monday, May 25, 2015The morning after Ireland learned it had become the first nation to approve same-sex marriage by popular vote, Diarmuid Martin, the archbishop of Dublin, looked out at the future of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Thursday, May 21, 2015Prime Minister Enda Kenny is urging Ireland's voters to support the legalization of same-sex marriage in a referendum that pits the power of the Catholic Church against his secular-minded government.
- Wednesday, May 20, 2015Jean-Marie Lovey, one of Switzerland’s most prominent Catholic Bishops, said on Tuesday that he is persuaded that "homosexuality can be cured" by prayer or “psychological healing."
- Sunday, May 17, 2015A Catholic priest says he was fired as director of Seton Hall University's campus ministry after publicly supporting the "NOH8 Campaign" in a Facebook post.
- Friday, May 15, 2015The Jesuit priest used a pejorative Spanish term for a gay man, and wondered aloud whether one of Jesus' 12 apostles could have been homosexual and Mary Magdalene a lesbian.
- Tuesday, May 5, 2015Skutt Catholic High School in Omaha, Neb., ousted Matthew Eledge after learning he was engaged to his same-sex partner.
Growing Mormon-Catholic Alliance: Quiet partners behind the Christian Right’s religious discrimination agendaSunday, April 26, 2015One of the primary drivers of the movement to corrupt and redefine religious freedom isn’t someone in a shouting match on cable news, but a decades-long alliance of top Mormons and Catholics.
- Saturday, April 25, 2015A West Des Moines Catholic high school that came under fire recently for refusing to hire a gay teacher, has approved a request by students to form a school-based gay-straight alliance called "One Human Family."