Caspar v. Snyder
Saturday, November 15, 2014DETROIT -- Attorneys for the state of Michigan argued on Friday that a federal appeals court ruling last week that upheld the state's ban on same-sex marriage invalidates the unions of 300 same-sex couples who were…
Thursday, August 21, 2014DETROIT -- A lawyer urged a judge Thursday to order Michigan to recognize hundreds of same-sex marriages performed during a brief window in March, saying the unions were valid even if a higher court eventually reinstates…
Monday, April 14, 2014DETROIT -- The American Civil Liberties Union says it's filing a lawsuit to enforce the legal rights of about 300 same-sex couples who were married during a one-day window between separate federal court decisions.
- Ellen praises Obama for his work on LGBTQ rights
- Georgia House OKs bill protecting clergy who refuse to perform same-sex weddings
- Kentucky legislators want to create two marriage licenses -- one for straight couples, one for same-sex couples
- Kim Davis is obeying her orders, and issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples
- 'The Supreme Court declared itself God when legalizing gay marriage'