Saturday, March 21, 2015Gov. Bruce Rauner said he'll issue a directive that state agencies strictly enforce anti-discrimination laws, and that he'll appoint a liaison from his office to the LGBT community.
Friday, June 27, 2014CHICAGO -- Gay rights supporters are using the upcoming Chicago Pride Parade to draw attention to Republican Bruce Rauner's statements that he would have vetoed Illinois' same-sex marriage bill. Equality Illinois on Thursday unveiled a two-story…
Monday, June 2, 2014After weeks of focusing on Illinois' mammoth financial problems, the governor's race turned to the issue of same-sex marriage Monday as gay couples took vows under the state's new law. Gov. Pat Quinn attended one wedding…
Monday, June 2, 2014CHICAGO -- Gay rights advocates are blasting Republican candidate for governor Bruce Rauner's stance on the issue as Illinois' new law allowing same-sex marriages takes effect statewide. Equality Illinois CEO Bernard Cherkasov says the Winnetka businessman…
- Kim Davis is obeying her orders, and issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples
- 'The Supreme Court declared itself God when legalizing gay marriage'
- NC lawmakers, magistrate want to defend gay marriage exemption
- Judge's order strikes down Nebraska ban on gay marriage
- Georgia legislature advances anti-marriage 'Pastor Protection Act'