- Thursday, May 26, 2016Republican House Speaker Brian Bosma said it would "let people think about it a little bit" before lawmakers return next January.
- Wednesday, February 3, 2016Indiana corporate leaders warned that the failure of the Republican-controlled Legislature to enact a law protecting gay, lesbian and bisexual people from discrimination could rebound on businesses.
- Sunday, March 2, 2014INDIANAPOLIS -- A former Republican Party chairman's pledge to provide campaign cash to protect House members who were considering voting against a constitutional gay marriage ban offers a rare look at the private power game that…
- Wednesday, January 22, 2014INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana lawmakers seeking a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage in the state looked for traction in a House of Representatives committee on Wednesday, one week after the measure unexpectedly faltered in a different committee.
- Wednesday, January 22, 2014INDIANAPOLIS -- A new group of Indiana House lawmakers will hear testimony on the proposed state constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage, as part of a move designed to advance the measure in the General Assembly.
- Tuesday, January 21, 2014INDIANAPOLIS -- Republican House Speaker Brian Bosma on Tuesday sent a proposed constitutional ban on same-sex marriage to a new committee amid concerns that it lacked support on another panel.
- Sunday, January 19, 2014INDIANAPOLIS — House Speaker Brian Bosma has spent months working behind the scenes to approve an amendment banning gay marriage while publicly keeping the measure at arm's length, promising that it would run its normal democratic…
- Wednesday, January 15, 2014INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana House Speaker Brian Bosma says lawmakers are taking their time deciding how they'll vote on a proposed amendment that would ban gay marriage.
- Monday, November 18, 2013INDIANAPOLIS — Indiana House Speaker Brian Bosma says he expects lawmakers to reach a conclusion this year on amending the state constitution to ban same-sex marriage, but hasn't decided on timetable for tackling the issue in…