Baton Rouge LA
- Wednesday, April 13, 2016Gov. John Bel Edwards issued an executive order Wednesday banning discrimination in state government based on sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Tuesday, April 12, 2016Opponents say the proposal is discriminatory, unnecessary and may harm Louisiana's economy.
- Thursday, September 10, 2015"If you have makeup on or anything like that you're supposed to take all that off, because you are actually a man," a worker on the video tells Alexandra Glover, who was born Dylan Glover.
- Thursday, August 14, 2014BATON ROUGE, La. -- The East Baton Rouge Parish Metro Council has voted 8-4 vote to reject a proposed local law banning discrimination against people based on sexual orientation and gender identity. The Baton Rouge Advocate…
- Monday, June 30, 2014BATON ROUGE, La. — The Baton Rouge Metro Council is again contemplating an anti-discrimination measure supported by the gay community, but it's unclear how the proposal will fare when council members cast their votes.
- Tuesday, August 13, 2013BATON ROUGE, La. — House Speaker Chuck Kleckley says he won't seek a repeal of an unconstitutional anti-sodomy law from Louisiana's criminal statutes.
- Sunday, August 11, 2013BATON ROUGE, La. -- The East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff's recent use of an unconstitutional law to arrest gay men who weren't doing anything illegal might not have happened if state lawmakers had stripped the statute…
- Monday, July 29, 2013BATON ROUGE, La. -- The Sheriff's Office in East Baton Rouge, La., that arrested at least 12 men since 2011 under a sodomy law invalidated in 2003 by the U.S. Supreme Court, now says it "should…
- Sunday, July 28, 2013BATON ROUGE, La. -- At least a dozen men since 2011, the most recent on July 18, have been arrested in East Baton Rouge, La., under the state's unenforceable "crimes against nature" anti-sodomy law.