- Monday, April 14, 2014COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine has certified the language in a new version of a proposed constitutional amendment aimed at overturning the state's same-sex marriage ban.
- Monday, October 28, 2013POCATELLO, Idaho -- Opponents of a recently passed LGBT-inclusive non-discrimination ordinance have gathered the required signatures to force a May 2014 referendum in hopes voters in Pocatello, Idaho, will repeal the measure.
- Wednesday, September 18, 2013LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- Attorney General Dustin McDaniel has again rejected the wording of a ballot proposal that would legalize gay marriage in Arkansas.
- Sunday, October 14, 2012What is up for vote in four states this November is civil marriage. A civil marriage is a legal contract within a state; it is not a religious marriage. Pastors will still be able to perform,…
- Thursday, August 9, 2012ANNAPOLIS, Md. -- Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley's plan to reconvene the state legislature for a special session Thursday to consider adding a voter initiative on approving gaming in the state could contribute to defeating the same-sex…
- Tuesday, July 3, 2012OLYMPIA, Wash. -- A ballot initiative seeking to define marriage as between "one man and one woman" in Washington state has fallen short of signatures needed, and won’t qualify for the November ballot.
- Wednesday, June 13, 2012OLYMPIA, Wash. -- Washington state will be one of three states to put marriage equality to a popular vote this November.
- Sunday, January 1, 2012Significant events are crowding the calendar for 2012, and each promises considerable drama and suspense for the LGBT community. Here is our special report on the ten most important stories to keep an eye on: