Monday, November 12, 2012AURORA, Ill. — An Ad Hoc committee of the East Aurora School District 131 convened for the first time Thursday to discuss its plans to create a new policy for protecting transgender students after a previous…
Tuesday, October 30, 2012Following its controversial decision to rescind a policy that would have added protections for transgender and gender nonconforming students in its schools Oct. 19, the East Aurora School District announced Monday that it is forming a…
Saturday, October 20, 2012Bernard Cherkasov, CEO of Equality Illinois, a statewide advocacy organization, commented Saturday on the decision by the East Aurora school board to rescind policy that supported transgender and gender nonconforming staff, faculty, and students.
Friday, October 19, 2012AURORA — In a special meeting Friday evening, the East Aurora School Board voted to repeal a policy that would create protections for gender nonconforming students that they quickly and unanimously passed just five days ago.
Wednesday, October 17, 2012AURORA, Ill. -- An Illinois school board is considering rescinding a transgender rights policy it adopted Monday after after receiving emails and letters from outraged residents and anti-gay organizations across the state.
- Trans man with Asperger's shot and killed by police in Arizona
- Virginia panel OKs bill mandating school restroom use based on biological sex
- Transgender Texas prison inmates can start hormone therapy
- Maine governor stops rules for protecting transgender students
- California bill would open all single-stall restrooms to anyone