- Monday, October 14, 2013ASHEVILLE, N.C. -- The Buncombe County, N.C., Register of Deeds says he's going to accept marriage license applications from same-sex couples and seek an opinion from North Carolina's top lawyer.
- Friday, March 22, 2013ASHEVILLE, N.C. — Buncombe County, N.C., commissioners voted 4-3 on Tuesday to begin offering health and other benefits to the same-sex partners of county employees.
- Sunday, October 14, 2012ASHEVILLE, N.C. -- A gay couple from Charlotte, N.C. said they were attacked and beaten on the street during a recent visit to Asheville, and claim they were attacked because they're gay.
- Friday, October 14, 2011ASHEVILLE, N.C. — A lesbian couple twice refused a marriage license by the Buncombe County Register of Deeds refused to leave the government office today and initiated a sit-in. The two were arrested.
- Tuesday, January 25, 2011ASHEVILLE, N.C. -- A religious coalition known as the "People of Faith for Just Relationships" are pressing the city to do more for LGBT equality. The group of 25 local religious leaders led by the Reverend…
- Sunday, November 8, 2009ASHEVILLE, NC — With the election of three new City Council members, Asheville will consider extending benefits to same-sex partners of city employees. On Friday, Councilman-elect Gordon Smith said he hopes to extend domestic partner benefits…