Arenda L. Wright Allen
Friday, February 14, 2014A federal judge’s decision to strike down Virginia’s ban on same-sex marriagehas unsurprisingly stoked the ire of conservatives.
Thursday, February 13, 2014NORFOLK, Va. -- Virginia on Thursday became the first state in the South to have its same-sex marriage ban overturned, with a late-night federal court ruling that declared the voter-approved amendment unconstitutional.
Thursday, February 13, 2014NORFOLK, Va.- The Virginia Attorney General's Office wants a federal judge to take note of a recent ruling in Kentucky that said the state must recognize same-sex marriages performed in other states.
Thursday, February 6, 2014McLEAN, Va. — The judge deciding what could become a landmark marriage equality case in Virginia defies easy characterization: She was a prosecutor, but also a public defender. She was appointed by President Barack Obama, and…
- Virginia panel OKs bill mandating school restroom use based on biological sex
- NC lawmakers, magistrate want to defend gay marriage exemption
- Judge's order strikes down Nebraska ban on gay marriage
- Georgia legislature advances anti-marriage 'Pastor Protection Act'
- Antigay marriage ad depicts woman about to be hung by a rainbow noose