- Tuesday, April 26, 2016It said the two were killed because they were "pioneers of practicing and promoting homosexuality in Bangladesh ...with the help of their masters, the U.S. crusaders and its Indian allies."
- Thursday, April 21, 2016The prank highlights how homophobia is still very much alive.
- Wednesday, July 22, 2015""The climate of fear worsened over the last 12 months, with people perceived to be gay or lesbian increasingly targeted," said Amnesty's West Africa researcher Sabrina Mahtani.
- Thursday, May 15, 2014KAMPALA, Uganda -- Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International are reporting a surge in the rights violations of gay people in Uganda following the enactment of a severe anti-gay law.
- Wednesday, January 15, 2014LAGOS, Nigeria -- Amnesty International says Nigerian police have arrested 10 people suspected of being gay in four majority Christian southern states in the highly religious nation.
- Wednesday, November 27, 2013PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti -- Amnesty International says the office of a gay rights group in Haiti has been ransacked and two of its members beaten.
- Wednesday, September 18, 2013LONDON -- The European Union (EU) and its member-states are failing to tackle homophobic and transphobic hate crimes and fail to protect all individuals from discrimination, harassment and violence, Amnesty International said in a report published…
- Saturday, March 30, 2013BELFAST -- Northern Ireland's power-sharing government will soon face a human rights legal case over its refusal to allow gay couples to marry, warns Amnesty International and local LGBT rights organization the Rainbow Project.