American Medical Association (AMA)
Monday, June 9, 2014CHICAGO -- The American Medical Association on Monday said transgender people should be able to switch the sex designation on their birth certificates without having sex-change surgery. Most states make the operations a prerequisite, but a…
Friday, August 2, 2013WASHINGTON — U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin is leading a group of 85 House and Senate lawmakers criticizing what she's says is the sluggish pace the nation's top health officials have taken at reevaluating blood donation policies…
Thursday, June 20, 2013The American Medical Association, the largest association of physicians in the U.S., voted Tuesday to oppose a decades long ban by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, which prohibits gay men from donating blood, reported ABC…
Tuesday, November 10, 2009The nation’s largest doctors’ group has agreed to join efforts to repeal the military‘s ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ policy, Associated Press reports: The American Medical Association says the ‘don’t ask, don’t-tell’ law creates an ethical dilemma…
- 'The Supreme Court declared itself God when legalizing gay marriage'
- Palm Bay, Fla., city council votes down LGBT rights ordinance
- NC lawmakers, magistrate want to defend gay marriage exemption
- Judge's order strikes down Nebraska ban on gay marriage
- Georgia legislature advances anti-marriage 'Pastor Protection Act'