- Saturday, February 21, 2015The Alberta government is making it easier for transgender people in the province to make changes to their personal documents without undergoing sex reassignment surgery.
- Monday, February 2, 2015A high school student's mural of two young men kissing is causing some controversy at the small school north of Edmonton in Alberta, Canada.
- Wednesday, April 23, 2014EDMONTON, Alberta -- A judge in Canada has ruled that a provincial law requiring transgender individuals to undergo gender reassignment surgery before they can change their birth certificates is unconstitutional and can no longer be enforced.
- Sunday, June 9, 2013EDMONTON, Alberta -- In a ceremony attended by senior military officers and civilian members of the LGBT community, the rainbow pride flag was raised at Canadian Forces Base Edmonton, and will remain this week to coincide…
- Wednesday, January 9, 2013EDMONTON, Alberta, Canada -- The University of Alberta team behind the “No Homophobes” campaign has launched a Public Service Announcement aimed at discouraging the use of anti-gay slurs that can be demeaning to those in the…
- Sunday, August 5, 2012EDMONTON, Alberta -- Chevi Rabbit, a 26-year-old Canadian university student, led a no-hate march and rally in Edmonton on Thursday — nearly a month after he was allegedly attacked because of his sexual orientation.