Friday, December 19, 2014The complaint stems from a new policy that requires transgender students to use restrooms according to their “biological gender."
Monday, March 10, 2014RICHMOND, Va. — The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit on Monday granted a motion filed by Lambda Legal, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), and the ACLU of Virginia to intervene in Bostic…
Monday, December 23, 2013RICHMOND, Va. -- A federal court on Monday rejected a motion from the Staunton Circuit Court Clerk seeking to dismiss a lawsuit challenging Virginia’s ban on same-sex marriage.
Tuesday, October 29, 2013HARRISONBURG, Va. -- A federal judge heard arguments Tuesday on whether to certify as a class action a lawsuit challenging Virginia's same-sex marriage ban.
Thursday, August 1, 2013RICHMOND, Va. — Two couples from the Shenandoah Valley filed a federal lawsuit Thursday challenging Virginia's same-sex marriage ban.
Tuesday, July 9, 2013RICHMOND, Va. — The ACLU of Virginia says it will file a federal lawsuit challenging the state's gay marriage ban.
- 'The Supreme Court declared itself God when legalizing gay marriage'
- Virginia panel OKs bill mandating school restroom use based on biological sex
- NC lawmakers, magistrate want to defend gay marriage exemption
- Judge's order strikes down Nebraska ban on gay marriage
- Georgia legislature advances anti-marriage 'Pastor Protection Act'