Tuesday, May 20, 2014HARRISBURG, Pa. -- Pennsylvania's ban on same-sex marriage was overturned by a federal judge Tuesday in a decision that legalized the practice throughout the Northeast and sent couples racing to pick up licenses.
Tuesday, May 20, 2014PHILADELPHIA -- Gay rights activists should know within hours whether Pennsylvania's ban on same-sex marriage will be overturned.
Monday, April 21, 2014HARRISBURG, Pa. -- Gay couples and others challenging Pennsylvania's 1996 law banning same-sex marriage asked a federal judge Monday to bypass a trial in favor of a quicker ruling in the case.
Monday, December 16, 2013HARRISBURG, Pa. -- Lawyers in a federal court challenge to Pennsylvania's law that bans same-sex marriage on Monday accused the state's lawyers of using delay tactics and making unreasonable and intrusive requests for information from their…
Tuesday, July 23, 2013PHILADELPHIA -- Officials in the third-largest county in Pennsylvania have agreed to issue same-sex marriage licenses, despite a state law that bans the practice.
- Virginia state Senate passes protections for same-sex marriage opponents
- Ellen praises Obama for his work on LGBTQ rights
- Georgia House OKs bill protecting clergy who refuse to perform same-sex weddings
- Kentucky legislators want to create two marriage licenses -- one for straight couples, one for same-sex couples
- Kim Davis is obeying her orders, and issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples