- Tuesday, December 30, 2014The ACLU says Harold B. Wilson and his transgender fiancee Gracy Sedlak have not demonstrated that the seven Nebraska couples already in the suit do not adequately represent the couple's interests.
- Tuesday, December 2, 2014The ACLU is asking a judge to order Nebraska to recognize same-sex marriages while the group's legal challenge to the state's gay marriage ban is pending.
- Monday, November 17, 2014LINCOLN, Neb. -- Seven same-sex couples filed a federal lawsuit Monday asking the state of Nebraska to recognize their marriages and challenging the constitutionality of the state's ban. American Civil Liberties Union of Nebraska Executive Director…
- Wednesday, April 2, 2014LINCOLN, Neb. — A Nebraska state champion speech student will be allowed to perform a poem about gender identity for television after originally being asked not to by a statewide schools organization.
- Friday, March 28, 2014LINCOLN, Neb. -- A lesbian couple who married in Iowa in 2009 is now petitioning the Nebraska Supreme Court to be allowed to divorce in a case that could test the constitutionality of Nebraska's ban on…
- Monday, August 26, 2013LINCOLN, Neb. -- Three same-sex couples plan to sue Nebraska because they say the state won't allow them to become foster parents.