LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Wednesday, February 9, 2011HONOLULU -- Hawaii moved another step closer to granting civil unions for same-sex couples. A bill was approved in the House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday evening by a vote of 11-2, and now moves to the…
- Tuesday, February 8, 2011CAMBRIDGE, Mass. -- Mitchell Reich, a second year at Harvard Law School, has been elected the first openly gay president of the Harvard Law Review, a journal of legal scholarship published by an independent student group…
- Monday, February 7, 2011A groundbreaking new study reveals that transgender people suffer widespread discrimination in a variety of fields, including education, employment, housing, health care, and more.
- Monday, February 7, 2011More than 100 people have been arrested for attending a "depraved and decadent" party during an alleged gay wedding event in Bahrain, a small island country located near the western shores of the Persian Gulf.
- Monday, February 7, 2011INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. -- An amendment to ban same-sex marriage in Indiana moved forward on Monday, as a House committee voted in favor of sending the bill to the House floor.
- Monday, February 7, 2011CLAYTON, N.C. -- A fire that gutted the home of a gay couple who had been victims of harassment for more than a year, is being investigated as arson, and possible hate crime.
- Sunday, February 6, 2011VONORE, Tenn. -- A lesbian couple in Tennessee who home was burned to the ground last September, has filed a lawsuit against the woman they believe set the fire -- their next-door neighbor.
- Thursday, February 3, 2011SAN FRANCISCO -- The California Supreme Court has signaled that it will decide soon on whether to enter the Proposition 8 gay marriage dispute currently on appeal in a federal appellate court.
- Thursday, February 3, 2011Two Souix Falls women who were legally married in Iowa last October, have been refused driver’s licenses in their married name, because, according to the state, their union is not recognized in South Dakota.