LGBTQ Nation is a mix of news, opinions, arts and culture.http://www.lgbtqnation.com
All articles by LGBTQ Nation
- Thursday, March 17, 2011In a surprise vote, the Ogden City Council this week voted unanimously to overturn the mayor's veto and pass a non-discrimination ordinance that includes sexual orientation.
- Thursday, March 17, 2011A Canadian florist has refused to provide wedding flowers to a same-sex couple, according to the event's planner, a violation of the New Brunswick Human Rights Act.
- Thursday, March 17, 2011Choir members at the Southern California megachurch, the Crystal Cathedral, are upset by a covenant they have been asked to sign that places a strong emphasis on them being heterosexual and Christian.
- Thursday, March 17, 2011The House Financial Services Committee this week voted to approve a bill aimed at discouraging U.S. aid to countries that persecute their citizens because of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Wednesday, March 16, 2011Congressional Democrats on Wednesday went on the offensive, introducing bills in both the House and Senate aimed at repealing the "Defense of Marriage Act."
- Tuesday, March 15, 2011A majority of American voters oppose the Defense of Marriage Act, as well as efforts by the House Republican leadership to intervene in court cases defending the law, according to new polling released Tuesday.
- Tuesday, March 15, 2011A bill to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act will be re-introduced in the U.S. House on Wednesday, along with a companion bill introduced in the U.S. Senate.
- Monday, March 14, 2011Students and teachers at a California high school say there is a pattern of bullying, harassment and discrimination against gay and lesbian students, and that the school district has not done enough to alter the campus…
- Sunday, March 13, 2011The decision by the House of Delegates to send a bill legalizing gay marriage back to the House Judiciary Committee — a move designed to prevent the measure's outright defeat — is a crushing disappointment to…